Creating a Farm

The Barn Project  – Part 12

The Barn Project – Part 12

June 15, 2016 Ninety seven today (and tomorrow). Just thought I’d vary the scenery. This is from a few years ago when 4 locust...

The Barn Project – Post 11

The Barn Project – Post 11

November 3, 2015 – Broken perlcrete. The J tube is encased in lightweight concrete made from Portland cement and perlite. This...

The Barn Project – Part 10

The Barn Project – Part 10

View from the deck.The central stringer of a space saving staircase that will serve the deck from outside. A 2 x 8 goes on each...

The Barn Project – Part 9

The Barn Project – Part 9

July 13, 2014 – I got a new customer who wanted some rye flour. Just so happens I sold out of the flour I had a week ago so...

The Bar Project – Part 8

The Bar Project – Part 8

Crow displays.A close up of the flue connection. I made a metal collar to fit the enlarged opening and the inside of the flue...

The Barn Project – Part 7

The Barn Project – Part 7

Buckwheat in the front field.August 27, 2013 – Very hot lately.August 30, 2013 – Still very hot.  Here are the solar food dryer...

The Barn Project – Part 6

The Barn Project – Part 6

Rotted hay mulch in place, I pose for a glamor shot. January 17, 2013 – turning out to be another largely warm January. Turns...

The Barn Project – Part 5

The Barn Project – Part 5

Lately all Crow is doing is screwing around.The Clipper 2B modified and updated. This is how we clean our grain. Does a pretty...

The Barn Project – Part 4

The Barn Project – Part 4

Made in the shade.  Crow and Paul put on the north side.Ol gives the cupola its first coat.About half way with the roof. After...

The Barn Project – Part 3

The Barn Project – Part 3

March 26 and the first three trusses are up. The purlins are not yet all in place nor is the bracing. Waiting for a tall ladder...