The Barn Project  – Part 12

The Barn Project – Part 12

June 15, 2016 Ninety seven today (and tomorrow). Just thought I’d vary the scenery. This is from a few years ago when 4 locust trees came down across the road by my house. Turnip’s revenge – the overgrown greenhouse. Must do something about this. To see the entire...
The Barn Project – Post 11

The Barn Project – Post 11

November 3, 2015 – Broken perlcrete. The J tube is encased in lightweight concrete made from Portland cement and perlite. This had cured for 4 or 5 days but the forms kept it from gaining any strength so when the forms were stripped, the stuff crumbled especially at...
The Barn Project – Part 10

The Barn Project – Part 10

View from the deck. The central stringer of a space saving staircase that will serve the deck from outside. A 2 x 8 goes on each side to complete the stairs. With alternate treads a 10 foot rise can be accomplished with only 5 1/2 feet of run. These are very steep...
The Barn Project – Part 9

The Barn Project – Part 9

July 13, 2014 – I got a new customer who wanted some rye flour. Just so happens I sold out of the flour I had a week ago so broke down the mill, cleaned it and set up for rye. Dinged if it didn’t lock up pretty early on. Backed off the runner and tried again. Locked...
The Bar Project – Part 8

The Bar Project – Part 8

Crow displays. A close up of the flue connection. I made a metal collar to fit the enlarged opening and the inside of the flue pipe. I figure each piece of clay pipe weighs 55 pounds so supported the 2 sections with angle iron. I guess I put the camera away before we...